Saturday, July 28, 2012

Taking it for a test drive

Yesterday I spent a quiet afternoon at home after getting some jobs done in the morning. DS1 was at home with a virus, so he was able to keep his brother occupied with LEGO battles and Ninjago drama.

I thought I'd better get my act together and start preparing my project for the
Practically Paper Piecing Blog Hop - I am hosting on Thursday 9th August.

So I made a little headway with that - see the sneaky peak below....



I was chatting along on FB with Kristy from Quiet Play about our afternoon sewing exploits and she had been busy designing some new paper piecing patterns. I eagerly put up my hand and offered to test drive the Diamond Star!



And here is the result! Purple Terrain love! And the design looks fabulous set on point. I am hoping that I will be able to use this pattern to make my next quilt - hopefully using greens (you can see the green additions to my stash tomorrow).



Here is Kristy's design for a quilt using this pattern -


Doesn't it look fabulous?! All that purple love!

3 comments:

  1. Loving this Marieka! The Terrain fabric looks so great with this design! I think it'd look fab in green! Now I'm itching to go make some of these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great block! It'd look fabulous in green.

    Must get cracking on my paper piecing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - that test driven block was amazing! Can't wait to see how your green versions come along.

    Also can't wait to see what your sneek peak is really! I love surprises - but hate them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete