Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Stash #2

I'm writing this post while my hubby is out on a morning cycle so he doesn't see my stash for this week!

First up is a group of vintage sheet charm squares that I pulled out of Sasha. These are actually the work of the lovely Lara from Luellabella. I have a few other vintage sheets in my stash and I'm looking forward to seeing how I can put them all together. My favourite fabric from this bunch is the green and teal on the top left.




Vintage sheet goodness
 



Do you know that you can get designer FQs at BigW?? Who would believe it? I certainly didn't until I found some myself!
Below is some Tufted Tweets by Laurie Wisbrun. I found the red at BigW (who would have thought it?!) and was lucky enough to pull the green colourway out of Sasha. This is such a sweet line - you can see more at Laurie Wisbrun


Tufted Tweets





This was also a score from Big W - it's Robert Kaufman "Retro Cafe". I think I will be putting this to good use as part of my post in the Practically Paper Piecing Blog hop!




Retro Cafe utensils.



 The BigW FQs are $4 each, so not particularly cheap, but they certainly break up the monotony of Spotlight!

The biggest addition to my stash this week comes in the form of a layer cake AND a charm pack of Half Moon Modern by Moda. Such lovely colourways here - red, yellow, orange,green, teal and grey. I am really looking forward to playing with this. Not sure what I will do with it yet, but am open to suggestions!!





Half Moon Modern fabric yumminess!

I'm linking up today with Finding Fifth's Sunday Stash!!



                                                                 Finding Fifth

4 comments:

  1. Ooh those little pink gingham and cherry squares are a bit cute!

    You've got some nice additions to the stash - can't wait to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good thing BigW didn't start stocking these before we left, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having fabric envy big time!!! Loving your stash this week :D I have 4 vintage sheets, one was my aunts (shhh, she quilts and doesn't know that I have it, but it's been 10 years now, so I figure it's mine LOL) and the rest I bought recently. I was thinking about them tonight and wondering what to do with them. I might share them in Sunday Stash next week and see if I get any suggestions... All I can think of at the moment is bunting and I'm not too keen on that idea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having put some vintage charms into Sasha was a brilliant idea by Lara - and I am sure I will see something bitey from you with those MMiller prints.

    ReplyDelete