Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Terrain pillows

I have been meaning to make some pillows to go with the Terrain quilt. I still had some fabric left over from the two layer cakes that I had used so I thought I would see what I could come up with. I decided to make oblong cases as I like rectangle cushions more than the square ones :)

So I cut the layer cake pieces into 3" strips and bordered them with 1" white homespun strips.






This pillow picks up both the green and the orange Terrain colourways.






and this one picks up the blue and pinks.



and together they work well!





And even after making these pillow cases, I STILL have some Terrain fabric left! I secretly think it is breeding in my scrap bag!

I am linking up with the gorgeous Alyce at BlossomHeartQuilts as part of the Kate Spain Blog Hop!



And for those of you who commented on the view in my last post, here is the view today.....the sea is angry today my friends!



We are lucky enough to be renting a villa by the sea for our last 6 months in Coffs Harbour....we thought we would go out with a bang!

5 comments:

  1. I love rectangle quilts and stormy seas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all fabric would breed :) Lovely pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the pillows turned out. Perfect pattern for them and they look fabulous with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dear knowledge you be offering on your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my kids test up here generally. I am relatively sure they are going to be informed quite a lot of new stuff right here than any one else!

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete