Monday, November 19, 2012

Wombat Stew

It was such a relief to head to quilt group yesterday! After a month's hiatus due to moving and unpacking I was keen to get back into things. Finally I think that I have my sewjo back too :)

Kristy @ Quietplay is this month's Queen Bee in the Wombat Stew Bee and she had requested a sewing theme. When she posted the pattern for a seam ripper on our FB page last week I immediately popped my hand up and said "pick me, pick me" Kristy blogged about this pattern last week here

So yesterday at Quilt group I had a crack at the pattern. Kristy is a purple fan and likes a bit of Kate Spain so I dug out my leftovers from my big Terrain quilt (I will blog about this eventually!) and put this together.








I have got to say that this block came together like a dream - no unpicking, no pieces sewn in the wrong place...just beautiful! Don't you love when that happens??! And I have got to say, I think that has A LOT to do with the quality of Kristy's patterns. All the patterns of hers that I have used (there would be at least 6) have come together with no fuss. Everything is well thought out and the instructions are easy to follow.



This block is already in Kristy's possession...she was my table buddy at quilt group yesterday :). I was lucky to get it all finished in one sitting (it took about an hour) and managed to sneak a few pics before Kristy took it home.



Interested in Wombat Stew? You can follow us on Flickr

3 comments:

  1. I love love love this block. I keep pulling it out to admire it haha!!

    Thanks for your lovely words about my patterns Marieka - I'm so glad to hear you enjoy making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The seam ripper looks fiddly with those small parts. Was it? Glad your pack and move is done. Now it is my turn.

    ReplyDelete